My Emissions in 2020

As I predicted, I increased my personal CO2e emissions this year to 3.8 tonnes. 

This is mainly due to the relocation of me and my family to a house in Åkarp outside Malmö. We bought quite a lot of furniture, tools and services during the year.

The pandemic reduced our travels and consumption, so this year wasn't as dirty as I feared.

I compare my personal emissions with the average personal emissions in Sweden:

In 2018, I emitted 4.7 tonnes, on par with the average of 4.8 tonnes. (98%)

In 2019, I emitted 2.9 tonnes. The data from SCB isn't available yet, but if I extrapolate the falling trend, the average would be 4.6 tonnes. (~63%)

In 2019, I emitted 3.8 tonnes. The data from SCB isn't available yet, but extrapolated values together with a pandemic makes a very rough guess at 4 tonnes (95%).

It is clear that there will be some restrictions in 2021, so I expect to have quite low emissions this year. However, my family has relatives abroad, so there is some likelihood for long travels that can generate some emissions. 


Kommentarer

Populära inlägg i den här bloggen

Solceller för villa - viktigt att tänka på

Stupid Incentives for Small Electricity Consumers/Producers

How Much CO2e per kWh?