New Home, New Focus

I've been busy with our next home - papers are signed and relocation will happen next spring. The impact for this blog will be a slight shift of focus on this blog. I'll still have some discussions about resources on a macro and micro scale but I'll also investigate how to approach a sustainable life in suburbia.

I won't move far though. We'll move to a community between Lund and Malmö, 8 km from our current home.

During the summer, I've helped out with reviewing some sources for a publication by Extinction Rebellion that is distributed to political leaders around Sweden. I have reached the conclusion that reducing my own emissions won't be enough to stop the ongoing global heating. I need to speak louder and I'm grateful for the opportunity to help XR with the publication. I'll elaborate more on my thoughts in the next blog post.

Side note: 
My current prediction is 2.3 tonnes of CO2e of personal consumption based emissions for 2019. Together with the 3.8 tonnes of CO2e of public consumption based emissions, that makes 6.1 tonnes of CO2e for this year, well below my New Years resolution of 2019, that promised less than 3.8 tonnes (3.8+3.8=7.6 tonnes in total) for 2019. The average for Sweden is 10-11 tonnes of CO2e per capita. Still, my emissions are far above the sustainable level of up to 1 tonne per capita and year.

Kommentarer

Populära inlägg i den här bloggen

Solceller för villa - viktigt att tänka på

Stupid Incentives for Small Electricity Consumers/Producers

How Much CO2e per kWh?